Thursday, August 14, 2008

Reminiscing...

My Grandma sent me some more pictures via email that she scanned for me. They're not Halloween, but I am gonna share anyway. She gave me this glass bank for Christmas one year. I think it had bubble bath in it too. I kept that bank until I moved out of my parents' house. I wish I still had it.


As I mentioned before, my Grandma spurned my love for baking. She also mixed up batches of plain flour dough for us to play with. My sister Rosie and I were having fun with it this day.

A couple of weeks ago, she sent me this picture, of me as a baby. My left eye still squints more than the right when I smile a REAL smile. :)

This one is an oldie from my collection. My mom remarried in 2001. The only one of us missing in this picture is my sister Rosie. My Grandma is on the left, then me, my mom, my sister Babs (note the usual surly expression, she looked that way at my wedding too) and my mom's sister Angie.

And one last picture... don't ask me what I was supposed to be this Halloween. I think I was like 18 or so and threw together this goofy costume. I believe that was the year that Mom dressed up as Raggedy Ann and went with us trick or treating. :)


Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this too... Grandma and I were discussing those old memories and how much we miss them and how stuff reminds us of them. I still have a couple of things that when I see them and THINK about them, I always get the sting of tears in my eyes and the tightening of my throat from holding said tears back. My Great Grandma Peacock made some quilt squares that my mom (I think) made me a quilt out of. She gave it to me when I was a kid, and I still have it today. I also still have the first Easter bunny that I can remember. I think I was like 5 or 6, maybe even 4 years old when I got it.

No comments: