Saturday, July 23, 2011

Some thoughts and ideas for my financial future...

Some of you may know that I am again jobless.  Right now, things are looking pretty bleak.  I have been told by several people over the years to use my talents to make some extra cash, and I spent half the night last night and all morning this morning trying to figure a way to do just that.  I'll admit, I do love to create things, but it is hard to find that one thing that I can do well enough to sell on a regular basis, not to mention I have no supplies or cash to buy any.  Tombstones are a dime a dozen out there, and I pretty much gave away the one that I sold on Ebay thanks to shipping.  I basically gave away the Pumpkin Head that I so lovingly created too - thanks to my ex's oh-so-savvy Ebay work when he sold it for me.  I know Etsy is very popular right now, but I have nothing original to try to fit into the folds there. 

I am really frustrated folks.  I know I can do it, but I don't know WHAT to do.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated... I'm just really lost here.  I don't wanna get rich, but if I can just bring in a little something to ease the stress of paying bills, I'd be a lot happier.

2 comments:

Cobwebs said...

Rather than eBay, you might want to use Craigslist to connect with local people so you don't have to worry about shipping.

You might also try simply advertising your skillset and say you're available for commissions. Or offer a custom-haunt package for people's houses, offering (say) a couple of tombstones with phrases of their choice, exterior decor, etc. Half the cash up front would let you buy the supplies you'd need.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I would try Etsy.com. I know that Pumpkinrot does it and his stuff sells. Heck, I buy his stuff so why would I NOT buy yours?! I would. Good luck and keep your head up!

MELISSA
Houston, TX