Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Prop-making supplies... what's important to you?

I was just sitting here, thinking about the tax refund that I'm getting back, and how to best spend some of it.  Now, part of the reason that I haven't really made anything new in the past 2 years is due to a severe lack of funds for supplies - along with low motivation.  I was thinking I could use some of the upcoming cash to put into my prop-making supply cabinets.  The most important things to me are: carpenter's glue, latex paint, DryLok, joint compound, liquid latex, assorted paint brushes (mainly chip brushes), and foam sheets.

I'm curious though, what would everyone else consider a "must-have" for their supply list?  I want to pick up a new medium in the hopes that it will spark some of that creative flow that I used to have, while I have the temporary means to try it.  Please chime in!

3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Pretty close to what you said. Foam, and lots of it, same with chip brushes! :) Paint, at least 5gallons of black every year.

It really depends on the project for us. This year....it will be a lot of lumber and a sea of foam.

Looking forward to your creations as always!

Cheers!

Curious said...

Fabric--gauze, burlap, various weights of black cloth. Bar varnish.

PumpkinBrain said...

PVC pipes, teared newspaper, clay-shay, acrylic craft paint, black latex paint, spar urethane varnish and carpenter glue is mostly what I will nee this year. i will need a few sheets of blue styrofoam too.